Houston Favourites (for food)

Monday, January 4, 2016

Every outward bound trip I promise myself to take a journal- to document where, who and what for memory keepsakes and also for fellow travel friendly companions.  Mostly it turns into 'that little place on the corner of that museum' or a deliberate google search of the most random descriptions to jog the memory.  Houston trips involve a copious amount of food, mostly due to my beautiful sister-in-law who adores the culinary scene and takes everyone along for the ever-expanding-waistline ride.   She works it off in the gym, I usually waddle for the next month. (Keeping the balance strong)

A few of my favourites this time around:

1.  Rustic Oak Gastropub:  My brother had told me about the shrimp and grits and the bread pudding here but what wasn't mentioned was how beautiful the space was.  Comfy, upscale brunch fare.
IMG_1247
IMG_1249

2.  The Breakfast Klub:  A Houston hallmark.  Chicken and waffles that may read like an unlikely pairing at first but suddenly makes sense here for all the right reasons.  Unreal goodness.  Light fluffy pancakes and crisp chicken is all I'm craving these days. IMG_1107

3.  Tout Suite:  My favourite.  A diamond in the rough that serves the best avocado toast I have had to date.  Simple food done right. (and also the spot where we took a ridiculous amount of photos of Isabelle)DSC_0287

and finally 4.  Hotel ZaZa : for that fancy pitstop nibble and cocktail fix.
IMG_1092 IMG_1101

Also, this place.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

alittlebird All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger