Houston Holidays

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

We've just returned from spending the holidays in Houston, Texas.  Unconventional in its warm temperatures for Christmas but happily conventional in its time away for family- it was a trip that left me crying at my brother's house before leaving, again at the car waving till next time and at the check-in line for departure.  As big of a softie as I am, crying is not a common occurrence for me. (Stubborn genes!)

I'm not sure what it was about this particular trip that pulled at me in so many ways.  Maybe the fact that my sister-in-law's beautiful Filipino family has consistently welcomed my brother (and as an extension, me) with open arms, food fit for a small village and the vibrancy of a love that has weathered storms and come out stronger.  Or the time spent with my brother away from the hustle and grind of the hospital.  Or the joy that is my niece.  Perhaps it was the time getting to learn about travelling with someone and experiencing opportunities for thought, for change.

Maybe it was a combination of all of these things and many more to be shared another day.

As for Houston, it still remains as diverse and eclectic as ever.  Fourth time visiting in the last year and now, there is a comforting familiarity about it.  It's a really good feeling. DSC_0273 DSC_0296 IMG_1108 IMG_1294 IMG_1176 DSC_0271 IMG_0962 IMG_1113 DSC_0258 IMG_1063

0 comments:

Post a Comment

alittlebird All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger