Return to Houston

Sunday, July 26, 2015

DSC_0066 picisto-20150726155851-107310 For the last 18 months, every six months I've returned to Houston.  To be a part of a growing family and my little niece (and now goddaughter)'s first memories.  My brother married into a gorgeous blend of Filipino/Mexican heritage and now with the addition of our Indian roots- it is a blend that is seen in the little being that is Isabelle. And she in no uncertain terms is loved to the nth degree here.

In the moments and days where I was not with twelve year-old Kailyn (pictured in the first picture and below) and Isabelle, we were fortunate to wander and visit some of the the never-ending list of places I've earmarked in Houston.  It was a good one.

Editing images down to a few to share is always a difficult task for me.  One thing I know for sure: life with this extended family sparkles.
DSC_0070 DSC_0086 DSC_0093 DSC_0101 DSC_0109 DSC_0113 DSC_0114 DSC_0117 IMG_0837 DSC_0063
Houston favourites this time around: Tout Suite, Common Bond Bakery, Myth & Symbol and Montrose Shop.  I'll be seeing you soon Texas.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good time! That egg dish looks DELISH too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! ;) That egg dish is actually pineapple salsa in coconut milk! I know, we were surprised too. (It was unbelievably good )

      Delete

alittlebird All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger