Terra Madre | a little hidden italian gem

Friday, May 1, 2015

DSC_0055 The first time I visited Terra Madre was under the notion of having a quiet meal after a particularly busy few days.  I left utterly charmed (and possibly enamoured) by the Italian staff: enthusiastic directions of how their food should be enjoyed, friends (family) entering and leaving with a flurry of animated conversation, hugs and kisses. Music was played, a few of the staff were dancing.
It was   f-u-n. I think I may have embarrassingly giggled my way through that entire meal just watching them.

The following few times I've gone (always at lunch, always the same meal) have solidified this place as a soft spot of mine.  Situated in an easily missed small basement restaurant along Bachelors walk, it's homey, simple and missing all of the design frills that come with restaurants.  It's all about that rustic authenticity here and quite honestly feels like walking into an Italian grandmother's kitchen.  My favourites are the rabbit gnocchi (sprinkle it with a red pepper flake if you go) and the creamiest Napoli burrata starter (so good). Add red wine to the mix. It is beyond satisfying.
DSC_0059 DSC_0063 DSC_0072 It's been whispered about and then spoken quite fondly about for ages.  This place is just that classic staple- other similarly crush-worthy reviews about Terra Madre here, here, here and here. DSC_0075 DSC_0062

1 comments:

  1. places like these just make my heart happy.

    ReplyDelete

alittlebird All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger