Simple meals

Friday, January 30, 2015

Since moving into the new apartment, my time in the kitchen has been little to none. Embarrassingly, it has been variations of avocado toasts, soups, pancakes, wine in coffee mugs (for nights off and FaceTime dates with friends) and the many cringe-worthy takeaway.  It is a hard transition to go back into cooking for 'just me' and I have made a very slow journey back to it.  Sweet single friends, please tell me I'm not alone here.

Truthfully, I have always liked the process of putting together a beautiful spread for company in the past but lately, simple is the only thing working for me.  Enter the most non-fussy, adaptable to your own liking, baked eggs recipe.  A good quality beefy tomato is a must.
DSC_0419
Slice the top of the tomato.
Remove the inner contents with a spoon.
Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette.
Roast tomato in oven at 180-200ÂșC for about 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and crack an egg inside the tomato.
Top with whatever your heart desires (basil, cheese, etc)
Roast for a further 7-8 minutes or until the egg is done to your liking.
Season and top with more of your favourite accompaniments. DSC_0414

3 comments:

  1. You can do it Rincy. Lou has some nice recipes https://riseofthesourdoughpreacher.wordpress.com/tag/living-on-my-own/
    I was always cooking bigger portions and eating it for a few days or freezing it. If anything else comes to my mind I will late you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photography, looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing start, love this! and you'll be cooking for more than one very soon, I just know it! xx

    ReplyDelete

alittlebird All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger