An Artists home

Sunday, January 11, 2015

DSC_0149
An opportunity to shoot for Gardenista last year led me to introductions with artists/writer/poet/painter Erica Van Horn and Simon Cutts.  So grateful to have spent five hours with them one fall afternoon and truthfully, I could have easily passed five more without a moment's hesitation.

Their work, their stories, their home (they found their bungalow through a happenstance hitch-hike ride!) and quite literally every nook and cranny of their property held me curious to know more.
DSC_0111DSC_0114 DSC_0088
DSC_0123 DSC_0122 DSC_0148 DSC_0091 DSC_0120
I remember that last minute urge to fly around their bungalow to take photos indoors- inspired how their renovation turned spaces, ceilings and even corners of tables into a story, a conversation, a memory...a piece of art.

Absolutely delighted to have seen their home featured in print with even more beautiful images from Mark Scott and words by Lizzie Gore-Grimes here on the daily where I've become smitten all over again. 

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and captured in such a lovely way! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Ly! I quite literally ran around in the last 5 minutes before my bus back to Dublin to photograph these --they bring back the nicest memories :)

      Delete
  2. How blessed a home! And how lucky you got to visit it! I dream of living in a home where each and every little corner is so…personal. Imagining spring at this home...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sabbie, you would have adored it! And you can absolutely create that in your own home, I have no doubt about it. So happy it's inspired you .

      Delete

alittlebird All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger