A memory

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

IMG_6810
When I was younger, I used to grab a stack of old albums from my parents room and sit and wonder about the untold stories behind the images.  My mother, in particular, was a vision in them.

My mother, the proper woman always maintaining a kept single plait and a dated shoulder padded work suit was different from the carefree girl I saw in these images. I remember being surprised by them- many of her near or on horses, others with friends nearby, her hair wind swept and the most light filled face I've seen.  They were and are still some of the most beautiful images I have in my memory.

Unbeknownst to me, Meghan captured this image of me taking my first ventures in (very) cold Irish waters a few months ago- and upon seeing it, I remember thinking of my mother.  Even though my parents and I are estranged in ways, the girl in those photos still holds me curious.

''Pare down to the essence, but don't remove the poetry.'' Leonard Koren

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't comment from my phone the other day when I read this post, but I was able to relate to what you wrote. I always think now, how funny it is that our parents had an entire life before we were born, I love to see photos of them before I was born and imagine if I would be friends with them when they were my age. This is a beautiful photo of you Rincy, one I think you should frame and hang on your wall, I know we haven't met but from what I know of you, I really think it captures your spirit!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma!! I am not a massive fan of photos of myself , mind you on the wall at that (!) but I do really like the spirit of this one too. And yes to the thoughts on your parents as well. Such a funny , odd conversation to have isn't it? We, my darling, are long overdue some tea and chats!

      Delete

alittlebird All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger