Amsterdam

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Amsterdam: the city with 800,000 people, 1.2 million bikes , more canals than Venice and streets where the smell of coffee shops and waffle batter are only separated by a few meters.  Outside of all the typical associations with it- the streets and alleyways are little treasures of gardens, vines and florals that make directionless wanderings so necessary.  I not so jokingly called it my spirit city the last four days.

While the trip itself was booked in a moment of spontaneity, it seemed to encourage all further happenings in the same manner. The first night we were invited on a boat at sunset with the most endearing and generous Dutch family and toured all of Amsterdam via the canals. It was magic. We ate and discovered the best of the best while with the Eating with Amsterdam tour and later travelled to Vuutoreneilland, an island which held a pop-up restaurant that was just other worldly. 
DSC_0310 DSC_0011 DSC_0240 DSC_0235 DSC_0085 DSC_0334 (1)
When I first set foot in the city I literally could not help but bouncing up and down in pure giddy delight. It was my first time there and Ajda said that regardless, she would imagine me doing the same on countless returns- she knows me too well that one, a true soul sister.

I cannot wait to share more with you this week friends.

6 comments:

  1. Amsterdam sounds dreamy! I especially want to see the floating houses there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sabbie-some of the boat houses are unreal. Amsterdam is just much too chic for its own good.

      Delete
  2. I've always wanted to go to Amsterdam, my parents went a few years ago and raved about how nice it was, I've only just visited London for the first time so I think I need to step up my travel game! Beautiful photos Rincy, you look radiant, I can see this last minute trip was a good decision for you!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Step up Emma- you'll never regret it! :) And wanted to say that I saw you and your man at the airport but was too shy to interrupt your conversation...next time I'll be much more bold, I promise x

      Delete
  3. I've never been to Amsterdam. It's one of those cities that's been on the list for ages but I never got around to it. But your beautiful pictures and words have definitely convinced med that a visit to Amesterdam is a must. Soon.

    Charlie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) This post made me smile. Especially, the last photo, perfect picture of giddy delight.

    ReplyDelete

alittlebird All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger