Rua Ruth

Monday, July 21, 2014

DSC_0004 copy This is the first image I took of Ruth over the weekend. A test shot for lighting and angle and while the rest of the resultant images are bright and colourful, this is the one that repeatedly draws my eye. I've never been heavy handed with editing images (mainly due to the fact that I just don't know how to do it well) but the edit to black and white without the sharpness, the jarring contrast, the overall muted imperfect image is one that somewhat feels very symbolic of current ongoings in my life.

I've realised that lately it has been hard for me to write a post here because while there has been so much good, there also have been a few big things that have been weighing heavy in my heart and in some ways 'mute'-ing that light.

Blogging, instagram, twitter are really highlight reels of one's life (mine is no different) but I adore when every once in a while someone stands up and says sometimes life just throws curveballs too many times in a row and it really does suck, how lucky we are to feel safe and sheltered amongst all the surreal world news at present and/or acknowledging one's struggles to the world makes no one less of a person.

As life and luck would have it, I came across this post by Kate Arends today and this really sung true ''My personal trials and triumphs weren’t beautiful or aspirational enough for my lifestyle blog. According to whom? According to me. I now realize those experiences were some of the most beautiful moments of my life so far.''

So, this is me saying to you dear friends, that life is throwing some curveballs at me and it completely sucks but I am wholly determined to make better of it.  And in the grand scheme of all that goes on, this personal stuff is really so miniscule.

(To sweet Ruth who asked me to take some images for her, thank you for the breath of fresh air.)

1 comments:

  1. Sending hugs your way. I think the photo is very beautiful, despite the melancholy.

    ReplyDelete

alittlebird All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger