Shaftesbury| England

Sunday, March 2, 2014

IMG_9732 (1) IMG_9758 (1) IMG_4481
I find comfort in quiet mornings. For those who know me, as of late I've been stretching myself in many directions with hospital work, on-call shifts and efforts to keep growing creatively that at times I wonder if there is an easy how-to guide on doing it right. 

(It is overcast and gray in Dublin right now and I am still in bed, a very good thing right now).

At the end of February we attended a food photography workshop held by Marte Marie Forsberg in dreamy Shaftesbury, England.  She truly is a visual story maker: the way she speaks is gentle and even, closing your eyes listening to her images suddenly appear clean, vivid and emotive.  Learning to play with light using simple boards, create shadows, understand our camera settings was a joy to learn under her tutelage. IMG_4445 IMG_9422 picisto-20140302091642-656829
George Maguire once said 'the eye is always caught by light, but shadows have more to say'. I cannot think of a better way to describe her work. And as for Shaftesbury, well it just does not get any more idyllic than that. My little heart is already dreaming of spending many long cottage days there when I grow old.


*To Ajda and Tricia, a very heartfelt thank you for being the sweetest angels on my very Murphy's law day that Saturday.

10 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing, beautiful photographs Rincy. Finding that balance between work and creativity is a constant struggle, but I know through it always learn something new. I hope you don't stretch yourself too far!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh isn't it just Emma! I think I definitely was-- feeling a bit more like myself today after a lazy Sunday though ;) Hope yours was just as lovely.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I just love it, Rincy! You've got a naturally fantastic eye, the workshop just highlights and fine tunes it!

    All the best with the work-life balance, it plagues us all...I think you're doing a fine job, keep the beautiful posts coming...

    Sarah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sarah, this msg really means so much to me right now... It's been a tough ol' couple of weeks. Thank you for being so sweet. It is very much appreciated.

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Love your blog!
    -Cousin Jins

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really beautiful Rincy and be sure to take some time for yourself and the rest will look after itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave, thank you so so much for this. A much needed msg at the moment.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous photos. I definitely think the creative stretching is working if these are the result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess, thank you kindly! I love that concept of 'creative stretching' ;)

      Delete

alittlebird All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger