Prague

Monday, February 17, 2014

DSC_0161
These last two months were a bit of a dud in terms of attention towards this little blog of mine.  I've written about it previously and while there is obviously much more to the story- truth is, I sort of lost that spark to create.

Prague, thankfully, was a breath of fresh air. There were sunny mornings, cloudy afternoons, hours upon hours of walking around districts forgoing public transport for tired legs, a sweet evening spent making new friends and most importantly-time spent re-connecting with my soulmate. DSC_0087 I've heard much about the touristy element of Prague but finding the charming Taste of Prague crew (highly recommend) made all the difference in making the trip more personal. We fell in love with EMA espresso bar, never said no to trying local culinary treats and were interested in all this little city had to offer. DSC_0009 (1) DSC_0321 (1) DSC_0166 picisto-20140217162427-313305 DSC_0249 (1) DSC_0254 DSC_0232 DSC_0244 (1)
I was charmed by it all. While work always tends to keep my rational head on, travel keeps that dreamer in me ever so vibrant. And I'm so glad to have a little bit of that spark back. I missed it more than than I can ever express in words here.

19 comments:

  1. ah, prague! have to get there one day. lovely photos! glad your dreamer is back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. have you been to lisbon before? it looks like mike and i might be there for a day or two on a layover on our way home. if you've been, let me know if you have any tips! (is it presumptuous to assume a european has been to lisbon? maybe it's similar to assuming a canadian has visited every north american city - if so, i'm sorry!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janis- I'm very glad to have that part back a bit more and yes to a trip to Prague for you and Mike ;) And unfortunately, no to Lisbon! Although I do hope it in the cards at some stage. Hope you two have an incredible time there though during your layover.

      ps. not presumptuous at all! And so it isn't true about Canadians and North American cities? ;) xx

      Delete
    2. north america is so big!! :|

      Delete
  3. Lovely to see you back! I've always wanted to go to Prague, and now I want to go about 200% more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post Rincy. You captured Prague beautifully, it looks like you had a truly wonderful time. I always look forward to your blog posts. Louisa xx xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are my favorite person right now Louisa. I always want to give you a big ol' cuddle whenever I read your comments/emails. Thank you, it was a beautiful time xx

      Delete
  5. My spark seems to just a smoking ember at the moment. I do believe a bit of travel might be what's needed to ignite it again. Beautiful post, Rincy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it can be anywhere Jess, just a little change of environment to a place that inspires you! I think that smoking ember will be firmly ablaze thereafter. At least I hope it to be that way for you.

      Hope to see you soon :)

      Delete
    2. I've been feeling creatively tired recently as well, but with the little slips of Spring the weather lets through I've been plotting and planning what to do once it comes in full force, and that makes me feel fully human again!

      Delete
    3. I know the feeling! A little bit of sun makes all the difference in the world.

      Delete
  6. stunning. prague is on the top of my to-go list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, so pretty shoko! Do tell me when you go - will send you a little email with spots! Xx

      Delete
  7. Beautiful photos, as usual, Rincy. Love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Came across your blog as I was looking for a travel blog on Prague (am going early June) and I loved your pictures. Funny also as I live in Dublin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is funny! Feel free to email if you have any questions :) Will be posting a little thing on Decor8 soon about travels over there if you're interested.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I have already noted the taste of Prague tour et the expresso bar :-)

      Delete

alittlebird All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger