Recent Travels, Thick Fog and Vintage shops

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

DSC_0083 DSC_1912 (1)
Earlier this year, I made it a point to try and travel every month. To get out of my comfort zone, breathe, learn, make mistakes and have those coming of age type experiences that I didn't really have earlier on. Travel with intention and wander a free spirit has been my silent mantra. DSC_0039 (1)
Two weeks ago,we drove up to a castle in fog so thick it was a wonder we could see anything past it. The day before I had fallen ill, ran high temperatures throughout a rainy night and fell asleep to cool compresses on my forehead held by the sweetest of hands.  Our room had a tiny little window where you could see the castle in the distance. I remember waking to it when my fever finally broke.
DSC_1911 (1) DSC_0090
By day, we happened upon an incredible vintage shop watched over by a young man who knew the story and history behind each trinket and painting. He later told us that he worked in IT during the week and in the shop at the weekends as a ways to earn extra money so that he too, could own such vintage treasures. I was beyond taken with every bit of it.
DSC_0113 (4) DSC_0074
I always find it hard to summarize trips in images and words, too little or too much is a hard balance to strike, but one thing remains true throughout. Wanderlust. It really is truly one of the most infectious things to share.

8 comments:

  1. Just beautiful pictures, my dear. There is something about fog that is so romantic and mysterious. Maybe it is because I myself am strange and unusual ... And I am particularly smitten with the shot of you holding the umbrella. You have such a lovely smile, so dear Rincy's nasal cavity - please stop being a grouch. Thnx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you are the sweetest babe . And yes to my nasal cavity + sinuses. (it is beyond bold at this stage)

      ps. romantic and mysterious = Alex.

      Delete
  2. wow! that second photo is so moody!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, very much so! I have a ridiculous amount of moody fog photos but that particular image was taken on a phone camera! :)

      Delete
  3. What an enchanting place! And I never knew you aimed to travel every month, that's so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fog always lends itself to so many wonderful things I've realized ;) And yes! It was part of my 30 before 30 type things :)

      Delete

alittlebird All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger