Being a tourist

Monday, September 16, 2013

DSC_0187 (1) I'm in the midst of travels again- which is running at a much slower pace than my previous trip. There are days where I spend hours on end by myself: wandering, roaming, getting lost, finding my way... only to do it all over again the next day.

I've spent time in empty museums, busy cafes, a quiet apartment, loud wine rooms and the contrast is undeniably thought-provoking. Traveling in a country where the language is not your first somehow makes you more acutely aware of your surroundings, the people, yourself.

I am in so many ways lost and found on this current trip. And yet, I can't help but feel thankful and adore that travel can do that to one's soul.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds perfect Rincy. I think I need to do this some time. I hope you have wonderful travels and I look forward to hearing more about it!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Emma- there were hours where I really felt so lonely but then I started changing my attitude about it and suddenly I realised I was a very good date to myself ;) It's definitely been a learning experience!

      Delete

alittlebird All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger