Smoothie Central

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I bought Firas a blender for his birthday (his request). No ordinary blender he'll tell you, one with a two horse-power speed option and other various gadget-y wizardry that would 'change his life'.  Photo on 17-07-2013 at 20.29 #2 (1) Forty two days later and he's still blending away. Various assortments of fruits, greens, vegetables-his basket in markets these days are overflowing with it all. I have way too much of a sweet tooth to stick to this type of routine but this one is loyal to the cause.
DSC_0007 picisto-20130717155250-374119 DSC_0017 DSC_0020
He's gone over to the green side of things and I don't think he's coming back--an aficionado for life.

7 comments:

  1. You guys are so funny! I am dying to get a blender, I really want to make smoothies, I think it's one of the best ways to start your day! Your drinks look delicious!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is such on such a juicing craze as of late, he loves it! And you have to tell me how you get on if you do get one. (Firas will tell you it's a very good investment) ;)

      Delete
  2. OH! I've been on a I want to get started on juicing kick. What blender did you get? Would you recommend it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, juicing is such a craze these days isn't it? :) And we ended up getting the VitaMix blender that he wanted! Please note that blenders are expensive. This one is ridiculously expensive- (read: not buying presents for the next 5 years) but it's an investment and he really does use it daily so it's working out well! He will highly recommend that one to you.

      I think any blender within your budget would suit but what do I know? ;)

      Here's a few that have done well on reviews: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/product-reviews/appliances/blender-reviews/

      Hope that helps! Happy juicing Ly :)

      Delete
    2. Everyone I know is obsessed with that VitaMix. Glad you guys are enjoying it! Thanks for the blender reviews :) Will take a peek.

      Delete
  3. Great blog! going to try this recipe out! It is perfect for the sunny weather! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aisling-so happy to have you here! Hope you enjoy (this weather is unreal!) xx

      Delete

alittlebird All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger