Fresh Air + Strawberries

Monday, July 8, 2013

DSC_0549
Sunday was my last day at work before the change over of new doctors. It's been a year of adjusting to the pace of a busy emergency department, shift work, anti-social hours, breaking points and recurrent laryngitis. It's also been a year of friendships, team work, growth (both personally and academically) and the greatest of lessons from the littlest of characters.

I am both happy and sad to see it finish.

That gorgeous sun and heat as of late, however, has been making the transition a whole lot easier and tucking into this sweet number today sure played its part too. This recipe is fuss-free, so simple to put together and one of my favorite summer desserts to date. A keeper for sure.
DSC_0617 (2)
Strawberries with Balsamic Vinegar
(recipe from Ina Garten)

4 pints (8 cups) fresh strawberries, sliced thick
5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (use the best you have)
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 pints vanilla ice cream, for serving
Freshly grated lemon zest, for serving

Thirty minutes to an hour before serving: combine the strawberries, balsamic vinegar, sugar, and pepper in a bowl.
Set aside at room temperature.
Place a serving of the strawberries in a bowl with ice cream on top.
Dust lightly with lemon zest. (so necessary)


p.s. Masterchef Ireland is back. Massive good luck wishes to those brave foodies who apply. I am so in awe of you.

5 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful Rincy, I must give it a try! Adore that photo of the bowl over your pretty yellow skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh please do Eadaoin! It's so simple and sweet. I really hope you enjoy it :)

      And lol, thank you! I direct Firas (poor guy!) to take the images I see in my head at times. He keeps telling me I should make more blogger friends that actually like doing that sort of thing. He's such a good sport though ;)

      Delete
  2. This recipe looks delicious, perfect for a day like today! The best of luck with your new job situation, I hope you like it just as much as the last year.

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great one for a day like this - especially in the evening time! And thank you Emma. I really do hope this next year is a good one! And very much likewise wish the same for you xx

      Delete
  3. This looks lovely and delicious and like everything I need right this very minute :)

    ReplyDelete

alittlebird All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger