Evening skies

Saturday, July 20, 2013

This weather has been such a treat as of late. And as much as I love it -the heat can be utterly overwhelming at times. The nights are too hot, too uncomfortable for rest. The best sleep these days has been those hazy naps in the afternoon where the sun seeping into the apartment is the warmest, most perfect blanket.
DSC_0024 (4) Waking up post call just as the sun is setting is my most perfect time. When the air cools, the skies turn the most magnificent colors and everything just seems a bit more calm than the excitement of the day.
DSC_0025 (2)
It is the part of the day that I most look forward to--soaking up that last bit of glorious light with the world.  Everything seems to be on pause for the last hour as the sun falls.

And I am so partial to that golden hour.

6 comments:

  1. I have to say I do love the golden hour when the sun is setting and we are finally getting some relief from the heat. Beautiful photographs Rincy, I enjoyed a particularly stunning sunset on the beach last night, the sun was so big in the sky, it was beautiful!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm aching for a sunset on the beach soon! Those are the most perfect ones to me. So glad you got to enjoy such beauty Emma! :)

      xx

      Delete
  2. ireland just does the best dramatic skies in my opinion. since living here, i wondered many a time if i was in a middle of a nuclear cloud, irish skies are that weird and beautiful. You perfectly captured them <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shots Rincy, and you captured the feeling that comes with that golden hour so perfectly, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos. I was just commenting on decor8 about the golden light I love so much in Venice. When the day turns into night, that space in between is so magical. :)

    ReplyDelete

alittlebird All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger