The sweetest night light

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Our first night in Budapest felt like a dream. The lights on buildings cast twinkly reflections as far as the eye could see. We walked and drifted on streets, ate ice cream, snuck up to the top of tunnel bridge like teenagers and twirled around Buda castle in the wee hours of the morning.  
DSC_0059 (1) DSC_0136 Screen Shot 2013-08-01 at 00.06.00 DSC_0166
DSC_0127 DSC_0161
For a few hours that night, it felt like the most special place in the world. How Hungary had escaped my travel list before really is beyond me. I am smitten a thousand times over. 
DSC_0085 (1) DSC_0112

9 comments:

  1. Rince! You have to check out the Synagogue, right in the middle of the city. And the gorgeous weeping willow sculpture outside. It is so amazing. My dad was born in an apartment right across the street! :) Enjoy!
    -Liza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babe! I'm back already now but what you're describing sounds beautiful ..top of my list next time for sure :) Texting you now btw xx

      Delete
  2. Rincy, your photos are just beautiful, you've really captured the magic of Budapest, a place I like you had never really thought about visiting. You've won me over!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Emma! I could go on and on about the magic of this place. I really hope you go! :)

      Delete
  3. I love your Budapest pictures! The lights are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have so much to share with this trip-- it was magical.

      Delete
  4. Making bread is really art. nice picture,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your post about your trip to Hungary on decor8 so I decided to check out your blog and I just want to tell you that the pictures are amazing! I am a Hungarian and I have seen these places so many times in my life and even...through your pictures I can see the locations with the eye of a "stranger" and it makes the country more beautiful for me! It never happened with me before. So thank you so much for sharing this with the world :-)! Hope you you will return someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you a million times over for your kind words. They mean so much to me..and I hope to return one day very soon! :)

      Delete

alittlebird All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger