Honest 2 Goodness Market

Sunday, April 7, 2013

DSC_0010 (4)
The Honest2Goodness market  in Glasnevin is the sweetest little farmer's market. Yesterday, we were lucky enough to meet their welcoming community as part of a tour to introduce us to faces, stories and Irish produce of the best kind. DSC_0034 (2)
There are no gimmicks or fancy advertisements here--I think the fact it hides out in a little green shuttered warehouse helps. Simple fresh produce, foods and wine from people who love what they do is their biggest appeal. Add in smiling faces and people who want to know your name and it's a place you can easily find yourself escaping to each Saturday.
DSC_0020 (1) DSC_0008 (1) DSC_0015 DSC_0017 DSC_0042
Throughout the afternoon we nibbled on little bites from each stall, finished off with a glass (or two) of wine and I, myself left with bags of sauces, lemon curd jam and a very special wood-fired pizza (thank you Breanndan!). The market is just all things good. It inspires more nights in at home, picnics outside, community and togetherness. And I cannot wait to go back.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful Rincy! And it was really lovely to finally meet you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yolene! It was so lovely to meet you too! (even in my delirious no sleep state) xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Rincy, I've been lost in your blog for 20 minutes after seeing a tweet....so gorgeous + inspiring! Was meant to be with you all yesterday and now especially sad I missed it after seeing your delicious images and learning that you are another girl who lived in the USA before Ireland. Will be back to follow your adventures for sure xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imen-- How sweet are you! :) I'm sorry you missed the event but know that there will be another foodie event sooner than later, so will hope to meet you then with bells on!

      p.s. I am SO happy to have you here and will most definitely be following along in your adventures too x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Camilla! ps OMG. I am so proud of you.

      Delete
  4. what beautiful, happy photos! i'd love to visit one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hip hip ! You should, it'd be such fun Shoko! :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photos :) It was lovely event, I'm so happy I could meet you. Enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Magda! It was lovely to meet you too--I'm sure we will be seeing each other at some other foodie event sooner or later :)

      Delete

alittlebird All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger