Holiday Plans

Friday, April 26, 2013

DSC_0016 DSC_0078 DSC_0150 (3) DSC_0099 DSC_0165 (1)
The last five days have been interesting. I have never fallen to as much misadventure in one trip as this one. A hopeful sun holiday to Malta turned into one filled with clouds, wind and rain. I missed my departure flight, paid an expensive re-booking (cried a little), burnt my skin during the few hours of sun one day, shattered my camera lens on a ferry and the little mayhem list goes on and on.

But I am thankful for the opportunity and even more grateful to have shared that experience with two wonderful ladies who were nothing but thoughtful, understanding and fun.

I'm tired, still overwhelmed and there is so much to share. Yesterday, as we sat side-by-side on our flight home giggling through videos of our travels I realised that I still would have kept the experience just the way it was: a little rough around the edges, embarrassingly imperfect and every bit as memorable.
DSC_0182

7 comments:

  1. You could quite easily have posted those photos and made out that the trip was beautiful and perfect and we would have been none the wiser! It's a shame that it wasn't what you planned but when things take a turn like that, sometimes you discover something even better... (or at least you can laugh about it when you tell the story weeks/month/years later!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Julie! I think it was a series of misadventures for me in Malta. It was either to laugh or cry about it most days ;) Hopefully there's something endearing about being honest about it here though! And you are absolutely right, we did get a chance to explore most of the island as a result. Looking forward to sharing it with you in the next little while! Hope you've been well :)

      Delete
  2. Oh no! At least these misadventures are great stories to tell ;) Gorgeous pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Ketty at least some of the misadventures are! The others I'll keep to myself ;) And thank you sweet lady!

      Delete
  3. Malta looks beautiful through your eyes Rincy, I'm so sorry your trip didn't go as planned but sometimes those are the things that are great to look back on and laugh at. Hopefully! ;)

    Hope you had a lovely weekend!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Thank you Emma! I think I'm already laughing about it now..(it was either that or cry!). Will be posting the better part of the trip on the blog during the week...

      And yes! Had a lovely weekend but a little tired from it now though. Hope yours was lovely too! xx

      Delete
  4. Just brought myself up to spend with the things you've been up to. Each time I look at more of your photos, I find myself in awe of your talent in capturing unique moments and making each one so beautiful.

    I loved you photos from Malta, a sweet opportunity to take a trip down memory lane.

    Miss you lovely, keep it all up x x

    Flissy

    ReplyDelete

alittlebird All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger