Hatch & Sons Irish Kitchen

Thursday, January 24, 2013

DSC_0963 Today called for a long , lazy morning tucked away in Hatch & Sons. I've been under the weather with the remainders of a flu and needed to do something to put myself in brighter spirits. So instead of staying at home, I hopped on a bus and sat in this little Irish kitchen doing work on my laptop, people watched and tucked into a warm fruit crumble with a cup of tea.

I'm not sure what it is about those kind of idle hours that's so wonderful but it's just what my little heart needed today.
DSC_0965 DSC_0966 (1) DSC_0961 DSC_0968 DSC_0969 (1) DSC_0958 (1)  Hatch & Sons design is simple, unfussy and I could see myself coming back again to try their infamous baked eggs. Sure I've read reviews about the leisurely pace of things (which may not be for everyone) but it suited me perfectly today. And I had such a lovely relaxing time. Now please dear voice of mine, come back to me! Ten days is far too long to be without you.

Hope you all have been keeping well & healthy during this cold wintery month. Brrrr. Lots of hugs and cuddles from one recovering flu-bug to another.

12 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to pop in there - looks so lovely! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth a go. My crumble totally hit the spot today! And thank you Emily, the flu is misery this year! x

      Also: Hatch's official site: http://www.hatchandsons.co.

      Delete
  2. I heard very good things about this place. It looks cute. Your crumble looked good. I hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snap! This confirms that we have to meet some time :) Love your pics, especially the one of the two tables. And hope your voice is back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, we should! And thank you :) My voice is coming and going but staying more than going now so HOO-rah.

      Delete
  4. this looks like the perfect place to have a winter meal! i hope you're feeling better, rincy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is exactly that ! :) And thank you Shoko, feeling much better now! Yippee x

      Delete
  5. I REALLY need to go there with you and spent some hours out there.... What a NICE place! Miss u, girl!
    Love - Jana
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you more! COME TO DUBLIN! :)

      Delete
  6. Really lovely. We went there last weekend and if I lived in Dublin now this would be my definite goto place for lunch and coffee. Perfect. Great photos too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave, if I lived a little closer to city centre- it would be mine too! So glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete

alittlebird All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger