Waffles and happy in Cologne

Sunday, January 13, 2013

The last two weeks of the new year have been a little too work related and culminated in me being very Bridget Jones-esque and crying at work last night. Cringe, I know. So fast forward to the wee hours of the morning as I embarked on my travels to imm Cologne for this meet-up and I am beyond ready and excited for some positive light and inspiration.

But me being me, I was late to a train connection and very thankfully made it due to a very lovely tall male German model (seriously) helping me find my way, ate lunch in the train station with a group of Japanese girls who did not speak a bit of English, bought Dunkin Donuts for kicks, shared a taxi with the funniest, sweetest Turkish man who made me laugh in the mess of things being lost in translation.



And I left the battery to my digital camera in Dublin. So Iphone camera it is...

picisto-20130113124202-311656
It's been a day of nothing quite going to plan but it's been hilariously fun just riding it out.  I have quite literally stopped and ate at every waffle and sweet shop on the little streets around my little apartment here.

I slept like a like a little kitten in the setting sun and am so ready to try my first Kölsch tonight.

I'm not sure if this is what I thought today would be like, but I'm happy and safe. And ever so present. I absolutely cannot wait be re-united with my lovely, sweet ladies tomorrow. Hip hip! 


6 comments:

  1. I hope the rest of your trip is less eventful! :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, thankfully yes it was! Unfortunately, I now have laryngitis. We can't win them all ;)

      Delete
  2. You need to do more iPhone/Instagram photos! I just shared a bunch of them today over on my blog and always love how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just saw them Becca! So sweet! And yes, I really think I may start doing more! It's so easy and fun.

      Delete
  3. So, how did you like your first Kölsch? Not too bad, huh? :)

    Enjoy your time in Cologne - it's a very friendly and pretty city. Have fun!

    Love, Nadine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, not too bad at all Nadine! Cologne was lovely, although every time I go to Germany it always snows on the last day I'm leaving. Not sure what that means, but I secretly love it :)

      Delete

alittlebird All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger