Hannover Christmas Market

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

DSC_0795 (1) DSC_0805
I believed in Santa longer than most. And then life happened, work happened and the magic of Christmas faded a little. In Dublin, Christmas decorations have been up since the start of November and after a few weeks the charm of that fades a little too.

So when as part of our teaching we were let loose in the Christmas market of Hannover- the magic of twinkly lights, families cuddling close under the winter cold and pure sweetness became real again. I was completely and utterly smitten.
picisto-20121212072441-430523 DSC_0815
For this time ever, I tried Spieß (long sticks lined with pork cubes and topped with a piece of bread) and  had a few too many Glühwein cups (mulled wine) to share.
DSC_0799 DSC_0810 DSC_0809 picisto-20121212074048-315869 DSC_0818
I may be older and wiser, but Christmas still remains the dearest holiday to me. I will forever dance under the glow of fairy lights and hope that no matter where you are--you do too.

8 comments:

  1. how beautiful! you're right, christmas IS different when you're older - but it's still pretty magical :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magical and wonderful--I'm hoping to keep it that way always! Happy happy holiday season to you pretty lady! :)

      Delete
  2. Stunning photographs, Rincy. I will dance along with you under the sparkle of fairy lights with you :) Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you babe--and I want to have you under those lights with me! x

      Delete
  3. Rincy, I really love your photos, they are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow these photos are great! It captures the atmosphere so well. Makes me want to go back again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here babe. Seriously! Just saw your post on the xmas markets too! :)

      Delete

alittlebird All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger