Kevin Powell

Thursday, November 15, 2012

DSC_0714
Kevin Powell is making things happen. He created his website, News of the Curd and a series of informal dinners in Temple Bar to showcase the best of fresh and seasonal Irish produce. And with the help of his sweetly talented girlfriend and good friends, he is well on his way to making them a place to be.
DSC_0713
Last night, ten of us sat around a table and wined and dined Come Dine with Me style in his gorgeously quirky, eclectic apartment. I love walking into a home and getting that feeling of knowing a person instantly. Their home is strewn with pictures, postcards, books and probably the most perfect kitchen ever. That joy of creative energy and inspiration is felt in buckets here.
DSC_0705 DSC_0708 DSC_0709 DSC_0704 DSC_0722 We all had our favorites in terms of choice offered on the Mexican menu that night, the salsa roja and verde were probably some of the best I've tasted in Dublin. One of our girlfriends could not stop complimenting the wonders of the pambazos (Mexican white bread) and the pulled pork was a resounding favorite.
DSC_0724
DSC_0725
I didn't know what to expect going in but it is everything a secret supper should be-- brave, fearless and chock full of personality and great food. We will definitely be trying it out again and cannot wait to see where Kevin and his team go from here.

(Thank you so much for having us! And thank you to my gorgeous friends who let me lead them down an alley way xx)

9 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to do it for a while. Even more now that I've seen your gorgeous pics, his flat is totally the type of decor I like!
    Sorry I didn't get back to you, I'm off to Paris this weekend but we should meet asap! Take care ,love your pics! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No hassles at all! And we should-- message me when you're back! Have a lovely weekend in Paris babe x

      Delete
  2. Wow! This looks amazing Rincy! I love the apartment, such gorgeous decor details. You have me craving some good Mexican food! The only Mexican thing I can make is Guacamole so I should try and broaden my horizons a bit! Hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I can do guac and a little bit of a fajita but outside of that not too much else-so we're definitely in the same boat ;) Their apartment is so sweet Emma. You should definitely try out one of his dinners with some friends. Very Come Dine with Me-esque.

      I am keeping well! Hope you are too xx

      Delete
  3. Wow…what a line up rincey. I have still a few of these to get.

    Italian Restaurants In Dublin




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon! It's such a great idea/experience :) Will have to make a wander around Toscana soon !

      Delete
  4. These pictures are gorgeous. Looks like a wonderland. Can't wait to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just love these small beautiful gatherings well captured!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hay Rincy,

    Sorry I'm only getting to see this now! They're lovely photos! Thanks so much for coming!

    ReplyDelete

alittlebird All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger