A small gesture of kindness

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

DSC_0710 DSC_0709 A stranger bought me breakfast this morning. Completely without thought or complaint, simply because I was caught out in a cash-only place with two cards and nothing else. I asked for a name, a number to repay her for her kindness--she very politely said no and that she had been in a similar place not too long ago. It was the kindness of someone else that had helped her then. DSC_0706
I spent the next two hours on a bike in the fresh air, thinking of this kindness and how infinitely inspiring it is.
DSC_0699 DSC_0719 DSC_0722 DSC_0717
Have you ever paid it forward? It's all about these small gestures that restore faith for me.


*Thinking of everyone affected by Hurricane Sandy this morning.

8 comments:

  1. How lovely - that is so wonderful! Also, thank you so much for your note this morning. Very grateful to be safe and dry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear that Shoko! Hope all your loved ones are as well :) Wishing you a lovely week!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful story, and I love the photos...absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was in nyc last week, yeah i know, perfect time to visit manhattan :D well and we just had to look uncertain or disorented and everytime someone asked us how he/she could help... this kind of kindness would never ever happen in germany... sometimes if you ask someone for the way they don't even want to explain.
    so i know what you mean! the kindness of complete strangers is a huge thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A massive thing isn't it ? It seriously feels like a hug from above when it happens. Hope you stayed safe in NYC and I'm so happy that people were kind to you and your family! ;) I'll be in Germany in December actually--seriously hoping someone will be nice to me then too!

      Delete
  4. Your photos inspires me a lot!!

    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This totally made my day. Thank you so very kindly for this :) Google friend connect, I'd love to have you follow along !x

      Delete

alittlebird All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger